Ulusaba Private Game Reserve is located in the western section of Sabi Sand Reserve, near Kruger National Park in South Africa’s Mpumalanga province. Here, you will find Rock Lodge perched high on a hill with stunning panoramas over the savannah. This is a place where the view is king and there are endless opportunities to spot the roaming wildlife, all set against a backdrop of the dramatic Drakensberg Mountains. The view inside this lodge is just as spectacular with granite rock elements featured throughout. Each of the 10 rooms and suites reflect African tribal influences and style.
Naturally, maintaining this beautiful place is top priority. Ulusaba’s charitable arm emphasizes sustainable initiatives and now benefits over 35,000 people across six communities.
Reserve your spot for a superlative safari experience and explore this very special part of Africa.
From R11 350
per person per night
Rates may vary according to season. Specials may be available.
Best Available Rate
- Luxury accommodation
- All meals and drinks including a top quality wine list and champagne
- Twice daily game drives
- Mini bar drinks and snacks, which will be restocked daily
- Road transfers from Ulusaba’s private airstrip to the lodge
- Laundry service
Children of any age can stay at Rock Lodge and are invited to join the Cub’s Club.
While at Ulusaba, all kids are “cubs” and each is given a Cub’s Club backpack full of little goodies to entertain and educate them about the African bush. Rock Lodge is ideal for families with children as this is where the Cub’s Club is based.
It’s not a set programme, but rather a range of great activities for your cubs to choose from. Every cub’s room is complete with their very own amenities and a personal welcome letter, which includes a health and safety briefing.
Up to 25 people can enjoy Ulusaba at any one time.
Rock Cliff Rooms
There are four adjoining Rock Cliff rooms. Two of these rooms are built on split-levels with a spiral staircase connecting the bedroom and bathroom.
- Spacious rooms with south-facing views
- En-suite bathrooms
- Private balcony
This spacious two-bedroom suite with living area is an ideal option if you’re travelling as a family.
- Master bedroom can be split into a twin
- Full en-suite with views over the bush
- Second room has a queen bed and an en-suite shower room
This suite is built on three levels with beautiful views. This is one of Richard Branson’s favourite rooms and ideal for honeymooners!
- En-suite bathroom
- Private balcony with infinity plunge pool
- Living area with an additional terrace looking out over the bush
Two lavish suites built on two levels.
- En-suite bathrooms
- Private balconies with infinity plunge pools
- Separate living area and study/library
Ulusaba can be booked exclusively. Whether it’s a milestone birthday, anniversary, company retreat, or a getaway with friends and family, Ulusaba provides the perfect setting. You’ll have access to all the privacy and flexibility that you desire, as well as your own game drive vehicles. The Ulusaba team will tailor every detail to your preferences and ensure an unforgettable African safari experience.
- Viewing Decks
- Outdoor Pool (heated in winter months)
- Spa Treatments in the Aroma Boma
- Gift Shop
Savouring the Savannah
At Ulusaba, the internationally renowned chefs have developed delicious pan-African dishes infused with local ingredients. Whether dining under the African sky in the boma, on one of the decks, or in the dining room, the menus promise to delight your senses. If a more intimate experience is desired, just ask and private dining can be arranged either on a secluded deck, or at a location of your choosing.
South Africa has a global reputation for excellent wine and guests enjoy some of the best local vintages.
Note that Room Service and Kid’s Club meals are also available.
Special diet? Please advise in advance of arrival.
There are two daily game drives at Ulusaba, one leaving early in the morning and one leaving late afternoon, each lasting around three hours. Times will vary depending on the season, but always keep your eyes peeled for the “Big Five”.
You’ll traverse over 13,500 hectares of private reserve with your dedicated Ranger and Tracker. Bring your best camera to capture this epic ride!
Other activities include:
- Safari Walks
- Stargazing in the bush observatory
- Cultural and scenic tours
- Helicopter trips
- Romantic picnics
- Informative talks on local plants and wildlife, as well as conservation efforts can be organized on request for both adults and children.
- Volunteer safaris offer a bespoke itinerary for guests wanting to participate in hands-on projects within the local communities. Just ask when you make your reservation!
There is nothing quite like saying ‘I do’ in the heart of the savannah. Whether the ceremony takes place on the edge of a dam where hippos come to play, or out on the deck at Rock Lodge, you will get all the WOW factor needed to ensure guests will be talking about your wedding for years to come.
The following event activities are available for an additional charge:
- Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties
- Local Marimba Band
- Performances from the Shangaan Dancers
- Gumboot Dancers
- Ulusaba Choir
- Justicia Best Boys Choir