MalaMala Sable Camp is ideally located on the oldest private game reserve in South Africa. Imbued with all the spirit of the savannah, this camp is an intimate choice for those seeking a more private safari experience. Situated at the southern end of the main camp, in a prime elevated position overlooking the Sand River and surrounding bushveld, Sable Camp accommodates a maximum of 14 guests. It may also be reserved exclusively for up to 18 guests. Photographers love this 33,000-acre terrain… where the industry’s blueprint for luxury photographic safaris was developed!
This property can proudly claim eco-friendly green status. Protecting Africa’s delicate environment for future generations is top priority and management ensures sustainable practices are maintained.
You are invited to explore these ancient lands to create memories that will be cherished for years to come.
From USD 950
per person per night
Rates may vary according to season. Specials may be available.
Best Available Rate
- En-suite accommodation
- All meals, snacks, tea and coffee
- Game drives conducted by an experienced ranger
- Nature walks
- Transfers to and from the MalaMala Game Reserve Airstrip
- Laundry (maximum 10 items/room/day)
Regrettably, no children under the age of 12 unless Sable Camp is reserved exclusively.
Five exceptional suites have been outfitted with stylish décor that invites supreme comfort and relaxation. Family rooms able to accommodate a third adult or two children are available on request.
- 85m2 each
- ‘His’ and ‘hers’ bathrooms
- Private deck
Lions Den Suite
- 2 bedrooms
- En-suite bathrooms separated by a large sitting room
Head to the main lodge for an atmosphere that is conducive to both conversation and quiet contemplation. Relax on the expansive deck and observe the parade of animal life at the Sand River’s edge.
- Dining room
- Safari Bar
- Library with satellite television and internet connectivity
- Swimming pool nestled in the flood plain below the camp
- Safari boutique and a small fitness facility are located closeby at the Main Camp
- Mobile phone coverage (MTN) and wireless internet connectivity are available.
Hearty bush breakfasts, buffet lunches and fireside dinners are all on the menu at MalaMala. When the weather is suitable, guests dine on the safari deck while viewing stunning sunsets.
The chefs are happy to accommodate special dietary requirements, as well as any special occasions. Please advise when making your reservation.
Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo and Rhino – the “Big Five” and the most sought after species of game that attracted hunters in the past. Today, in reserves like MalaMala, experienced rangers do the hunting exclusively for your viewing pleasure. And the only shooting happens with cameras. Spotting these magnificent creatures from an open Land Rover is a thrilling once-in-a-lifetime encounter!
- 6 guests per safari vehicle
- Photographic Safari (additional rates apply)
- Exclusive use of a safari vehicle can be arranged upon request, but is subject to availability and daily fees apply for empty seats.