Idube is a unique lodge situated in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. It is from this vantage point, in the heart of Kruger National Park, that safari seekers revel in 4-Star luxury.
Families and groups of friends can easily make this intimate lodge their very own camp. Idube is also an excellent choice for both business meetings and romantic celebrations that deserve a dramatic setting.
The name Makubela is a tribute to a female leopard who, when fatally mauled by a male, sought refuge at Idube before she died. This beautiful creature added so much wonder for the guests who spotted her in the wild. Just as they will never forget that experience, you will make incredible once-in-a lifetime memories in this very special part of South Africa.
From R5 850
per person per night
Rates may vary according to season. Specials may be available.
Best Available Rate
Each of the nine chalets have been individually decorated to provide supreme comfort and a touch of safari romance. Natural colours and texures blend beautifully with the bushveld.
- Bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Outdoor shower
- Private deck
Idube’s newest and most spacious suites offer a private world of indulgence and can be made interleading.
- Entrance hall
- Large bathroom with additional outdoor shower
- Private deck and pool
Facilities & Functions
The main lodge is set in an indigenous green garden filled with tall trees.
The thatched bar and entertainment areas have an immediate appeal and guests often gather here with refreshing drinks in hand.
- Open-air lounge – A great place to relax while waiting to see which animals come wandering by.
- Hide – The underground hide is a peaceful spot to watch wildlife drink from Shadulu Dam.
- Swimming pool – Well-situated for both bird watching and game viewing.
- Gym – Stay fit on safari.
- Spa Services – Therapists are on-call to provide services in the comfort of your suite.
- Curio Shop – Stocked with books, clothing and gifts.
- Conferences – Popular for business groups, Idube combines the safari experience with the opportunity to “talk shop” in exceptional surroundings. The covered deck at the bush boma is ideal for small meetings or team building activities.
- Weddings & Honeymoons – Intimate affairs can be coordinated for couples wanting to celebrate in the tranquility of the savannah.
Each meal is a special occasion where breakfast and lunch is enjoyed on the open-air dining deck, and dinner is celebrated in the latern-lit boma, or out in the bush venue. While chefs prepare a traditional braai (bbq), guests savour evenings spent under the stars. These are meals to remember that combine African flavours with the latest gourmet trends. Note that dinner can also be served in your suite, or out on your private deck.
To complement any dining experience, Idube has a well stocked bar offering a wide variety of South African wine, as well as other beverages.
Idube is chosen by visitors from all around the world who desire to see not only lions, leopards, buffalo, rhinos and elephants, but the many other creatures that make an African safari so thrilling!
- Game Drives
Hop in an open Landrover driven by a skilled Ranger for either an early morning or a late afternoon game drive… or go out on both! Each safari covers an area of about 24,700 acres. Expect to see some, if not all, of the “Big Five”, as well as many other animals and some of the over 300 species of birds.
- Bush Walks
For those that wish to take a closer look at their surroundings, they can take a walk on the wild side with an experienced Ranger. These walking safaris are offered every morning.
- Village Tours
Idube is linked to nearby communities that offer an educational and entertaining village tour. Participants tour the local schools, listen and watch the choir and dancers, then try freshly prepared food.
- Other Excursions
Balloon safaris and elephant education can be arranged on request.